Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Blues beat Crystal Palace 2-1 to move two points behind Premier League leaders Arsenal ahead of their meeting at Emirates Stadium on 23 December.
“I don’t think we are the big contenders of any competition,” Mourinho told the BBC.
“We don’t have the striker who is going to score 30 goals in the league.”
Just five of Chelsea’s 32 league goals this season have been scored by strikers: Fernando Torres (two), Samuel Eto’o (two) and Demba Ba (one).
“We know we don’t have that striker we used to call the killer, the selfish one, the one that gives the last touch,” said Mourinho.
“You don’t kill and when you don’t kill you are giving a chance to the opponent. It happened to us against Everton, it happened to us against Stoke. You have situations to kill and you don’t, so it’s difficult.
“It is a concern. We have to try to improve our defensive mistakes but I think the defensive mistakes are also a consequence of the fact you don’t kill.
“When you don’t kill you know you are on the edge and any mistake can lose you points. Today could finish 5-1 or 2-2 and that is hard for my heart.”
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor