Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Blues beat Crystal Palace 2-1 to move two points behind Premier League leaders Arsenal ahead of their meeting at Emirates Stadium on 23 December.
“I don’t think we are the big contenders of any competition,” Mourinho told the BBC.
“We don’t have the striker who is going to score 30 goals in the league.”
Just five of Chelsea’s 32 league goals this season have been scored by strikers: Fernando Torres (two), Samuel Eto’o (two) and Demba Ba (one).
“We know we don’t have that striker we used to call the killer, the selfish one, the one that gives the last touch,” said Mourinho.
“You don’t kill and when you don’t kill you are giving a chance to the opponent. It happened to us against Everton, it happened to us against Stoke. You have situations to kill and you don’t, so it’s difficult.
“It is a concern. We have to try to improve our defensive mistakes but I think the defensive mistakes are also a consequence of the fact you don’t kill.
“When you don’t kill you know you are on the edge and any mistake can lose you points. Today could finish 5-1 or 2-2 and that is hard for my heart.”
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt
- Just In: Borno Governor led residents at Zabarmari for the funeral of 43 farmers beheaded by Boko Haram terrorist
- Breaking: Nigeria’s President Buhari confirms the beheading of 43 Borno rice farmers by Boko Haram
- Former Governor of Ebonyi State, Sen. Sam Egwu has asked security agencies to arrest him
- Update: 43 bodies recovered as Boko Haram terrorists slit throats of Borno farmers
- Federal Housing Authority to publish names of Nigerians indebted to the agency in national dailies – Here’s why
- Breaking: Here are the 2020 candidates that emerged winners of the Future Awards Africa