Estimated Reading Time: <1
Despite being booed by his former employers, controversial Nigerian forward Osaze Odemwingie smiled home after his current side Cardiff City defeated West Bromich Albion 1-o through a Peter Whittingham goal in the 65th minute. The defeat ended Cardiff’s five-match without-a-win streak and condemned West Brom to a fourth-straight defeat.
The defeat culminated in the sack of Steve Clarke who will now be referred to as erstwhile manager of West Brom
Osaze Odemwingie nearly scored through a free-kick but Boaz Myhill managed to force a super-save
The fleet-footed player also had a penalty appeal turned down by Howard Webb when a West Brom player appeared to pull his shirt when he was about to take a decisive final touch inside the box.
Osaze was substituted for Bo-Kyung Kim in the 90th minute.
Cardiff City now lie 14th on the English Premier League table with 17 points from 16 games.
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report