Estimated Reading Time: <1
Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has been voted France Football’s French Player of the Year for the third time.
The 30-year-old played a starring role in Bayern’s treble triumph last term. He previously received the accolade in 2007 and 2008.
“I know that [Thierry] Henry has won the award five times and it’s a great honour to follow in his footsteps,” Ribery said after pipping Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba and Paris Saint-Germain’s Blaise Matuidi to the prize.
“Thierry is one of France’s all-time greats. He now knows that I’m gunning for his record.”
Ribery is also one of the three candidates to win the coveted Fifa Ballon d’Or, with holder Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo the other contenders.
- Zamfara government tells clerics to persuade bandits to surrender arms
- Buhari orders MDAs, others to grant access to FIRS for tax collection
- Nigerian Railway launches N900 Million e-ticketing platform
- Blasphemy: Court acquits teenage boy sentenced to jail in Kano
- NIN is now compulsory for JAMB registration – Minister
- Nigeria’s education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan