Estimated Reading Time: <1
Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has been voted France Football’s French Player of the Year for the third time.
The 30-year-old played a starring role in Bayern’s treble triumph last term. He previously received the accolade in 2007 and 2008.
“I know that [Thierry] Henry has won the award five times and it’s a great honour to follow in his footsteps,” Ribery said after pipping Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba and Paris Saint-Germain’s Blaise Matuidi to the prize.
“Thierry is one of France’s all-time greats. He now knows that I’m gunning for his record.”
Ribery is also one of the three candidates to win the coveted Fifa Ballon d’Or, with holder Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo the other contenders.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer