Estimated Reading Time: <1
The People’s Democratic Party has been misbehaving and if it continues to misbehave in this way, the All Progressives Congress would take over the country in 2015 says the Governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido.
Lamido said he can now see the wisdom in the formation of the APC; since the PDP is really misbehaving, the party will give PDP a good fight in the forthcoming election.
The prediction coming from a ‘rebel governor’ of the PDP is at a time the lingering crisis in the ruling PDP continues to provide opportunities of advancement for the newly merged party.
According to him, the formation of APC democracy had been made more vibrant in the country.
Speaking when he received the leadership of the Kano and Jigawa chapters of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) when they paid him a courtesy visit at the government house.
Lamido with two of his sons arrested for fraud in the tune of 10 billion naira said, “I was amongst the G-7 governors for a certain ideology we shared, yet I was called names. I was called the black sheep from the North, I was called anti-North in the past, because of what I believed in,”.
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries
- States take Federal Government to the Supreme Court over funding
- Trans fat: Nigeria still on the road finalise regulation
- VP Osinbajo urges leaders of destination countries to insist on repatriation of illicit funds & their proceeds