Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala obviously cannot explain where the $49.8 meant for the National Treasury was diverted to. The Minister said those publishing the stories will fail, rather than address the issues and make facts available for the Public to be the Judge, the minister goes on reacting like the average Nigerian Politician who lacks content..
See the Ministers Press Statement below defending the diversion of the funds meant for the Nigerian nation. If you missed the earlier story about the diversion of funds, READ HERE
PRESS RELEASE: CAMPAIGN OF CALUMNY AGAINST OKONJO-IWEALA WILL FAIL
In the past few weeks, the Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has been the subject of high profile media attacks from several quarters.
The aim of these elements is to unduly politicise the management of the economy through a campaign of falsehoods and distortions.
The pronouncements of these political vested interests are based on false information and outright lies disguised as objective comments.
Fortunately Nigerians are wise to their antics and this campaign to damage the name of the Coordinating Minister, like previous ones, will fail.
We urge Nigerians to continue to be vigilant to the increasingly desperate actions of these elements. Where appropriate, we will continue to clarify the issues and point out the true situation in specific areas of the country’s economic management.
Paul C. Nwabuikwu
Special Adviser to the Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance
- Uber, Bolt drivers in Lagos threaten to begin strike on Monday
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office