Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala obviously cannot explain where the $49.8 meant for the National Treasury was diverted to. The Minister said those publishing the stories will fail, rather than address the issues and make facts available for the Public to be the Judge, the minister goes on reacting like the average Nigerian Politician who lacks content..
See the Ministers Press Statement below defending the diversion of the funds meant for the Nigerian nation. If you missed the earlier story about the diversion of funds, READ HERE
PRESS RELEASE: CAMPAIGN OF CALUMNY AGAINST OKONJO-IWEALA WILL FAIL
In the past few weeks, the Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has been the subject of high profile media attacks from several quarters.
The aim of these elements is to unduly politicise the management of the economy through a campaign of falsehoods and distortions.
The pronouncements of these political vested interests are based on false information and outright lies disguised as objective comments.
Fortunately Nigerians are wise to their antics and this campaign to damage the name of the Coordinating Minister, like previous ones, will fail.
We urge Nigerians to continue to be vigilant to the increasingly desperate actions of these elements. Where appropriate, we will continue to clarify the issues and point out the true situation in specific areas of the country’s economic management.
Paul C. Nwabuikwu
Special Adviser to the Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance
- Lagos govt says negotiations are ongoing with manufacturers to make COVID-19 vaccines available
- “Scammers bent on defrauding job seekers” -EFCC raise alert
- Just In: Nigeria orders immediate closure of enrollment activities at NIMC Headquarters
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match