Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Deputy Governor of Sokoto State, Alhaji Mukhtari Shagari, has said that he remains a loyal member of the PDP in spite of the defection of Gov. Aliyu Wamakko to APC.
Shagari’s refusal to defect to the All Progressives Congress was made public at the state executive council, on Monday at its enlarged meeting presided over by Wamakko.
The governor approved a “mass defection” of the people of the state, including all commissioners and special aides, to newly merged APC.
But the defiant Shagari said that he had been a loyal and supportive member of the PDP since 1998 and would remain so.
He said, “I am not aware of any move by Gov. Aliyu Wamakko and other members of the PDP to defect to the APC until today. I was never consulted by anybody and it was only today that I knew about the move. I have also been loyal to my governor and the party since we were elected in 2007 till date.”
He added that in politics, there is always room for dialogue, negotiations, mending fences and discussions. I joined PDP voluntarily and not because of anybody,” Shagari said.
The deputy governor said that he was a highly principled person.
“if I give my words, I give my words. I don’t have the habit of jumping from one party to the other.
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party
- APC was created by people who wanted to get power by all means – Mukhtari Shehu Shagari
- Buhari has done nothing other than make enemies for the herders – Miyetti Allah says in call for restructuring
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council