Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Deputy Governor of Sokoto State, Alhaji Mukhtari Shagari, has said that he remains a loyal member of the PDP in spite of the defection of Gov. Aliyu Wamakko to APC.
Shagari’s refusal to defect to the All Progressives Congress was made public at the state executive council, on Monday at its enlarged meeting presided over by Wamakko.
The governor approved a “mass defection” of the people of the state, including all commissioners and special aides, to newly merged APC.
But the defiant Shagari said that he had been a loyal and supportive member of the PDP since 1998 and would remain so.
He said, “I am not aware of any move by Gov. Aliyu Wamakko and other members of the PDP to defect to the APC until today. I was never consulted by anybody and it was only today that I knew about the move. I have also been loyal to my governor and the party since we were elected in 2007 till date.”
He added that in politics, there is always room for dialogue, negotiations, mending fences and discussions. I joined PDP voluntarily and not because of anybody,” Shagari said.
The deputy governor said that he was a highly principled person.
“if I give my words, I give my words. I don’t have the habit of jumping from one party to the other.
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52