Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governors of Peoples Democratic Party met yesterday at the Akwa Ibom State Governor’s Lodge in Asokoro, Abuja, to review the strength of the party ahead of the 2015 elections. Some of the governors in attendance were: Liyel Imoke, Theodore Orji, Godswill Akpabio, Jonah Jang, Martin Elechi, Emmanuel Uduaghan
This is a move which comes as a result of the recent defection of some PDP Governors governors to the opposition, All Progressives Congress.
The governors of Kogi, Kebbi, Bauchi, Enugu, Katsina and Taraba were also in attendance
They were expected to brief President Goodluck Jonathan immediately after the meeting.
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore
- How I lost my wife, 4 children to Flood – 50-year-old man narrates in new CDD documentary