Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governors of Peoples Democratic Party met yesterday at the Akwa Ibom State Governor’s Lodge in Asokoro, Abuja, to review the strength of the party ahead of the 2015 elections. Some of the governors in attendance were: Liyel Imoke, Theodore Orji, Godswill Akpabio, Jonah Jang, Martin Elechi, Emmanuel Uduaghan
This is a move which comes as a result of the recent defection of some PDP Governors governors to the opposition, All Progressives Congress.
The governors of Kogi, Kebbi, Bauchi, Enugu, Katsina and Taraba were also in attendance
They were expected to brief President Goodluck Jonathan immediately after the meeting.
- We must renounce our tribal identities; I’m Nigerian NOT Igbo
- 13-year-old girl drugged and gang-raped in Kaduna
- World Environment Day: environmentalists stress the importance of nature to humans
- Family of Uwaila Umozuwa, 22-year-old raped and murdered allege death threats
- Court reaffirms INEC powers to deregister political parties
- “Gambari was an Abacha man” – Wole Soyinka says Buhari’s Chief of Staff is part of the structure
- Nigeria records 328 new cases of COVID-19, total number infections now 11, 844
- Miyetti Allah President has said Fulani’s own Nigeria and will rule forever
- Breaking: NNPC raises alarm over contaminated diesel offered across Nigeria
- Going Green; Nigeria and sustainable architecture