Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governors of Peoples Democratic Party met yesterday at the Akwa Ibom State Governor’s Lodge in Asokoro, Abuja, to review the strength of the party ahead of the 2015 elections. Some of the governors in attendance were: Liyel Imoke, Theodore Orji, Godswill Akpabio, Jonah Jang, Martin Elechi, Emmanuel Uduaghan
This is a move which comes as a result of the recent defection of some PDP Governors governors to the opposition, All Progressives Congress.
The governors of Kogi, Kebbi, Bauchi, Enugu, Katsina and Taraba were also in attendance
They were expected to brief President Goodluck Jonathan immediately after the meeting.
- Bandits attack military camp in Niger State
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna