Estimated Reading Time: <1
Illicit drugs worth over N222 million has been confiscated by the Kano state Command of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, (NDLEA). The seized drugs have been destroyed by the State Governor, Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso and the Chairman of the agency, Ahmadu Giade.
The consignment, totaling 10, 488. 61 kg, was destroyed publicly after obtaining an order to that effect from the Federal High Court. The drugs were destroyed at the headquarters of the Command in the state.
The Chairman, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Alhaji Ahmadu Giade who led the destruction, said that the drugs, seized by the command between 2012 to date, were destroyed on the order of a Federal High Court.
He said that cannabis, otherwise known as hemp, represents the largest chunk of the destroyed drugs, adding that psychotropic substance, heroine, methamphetamine and cocaine follow it.
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna
- BudgIT demands COVID-19 fund accountability