Estimated Reading Time: <1
A statement from Joe Obi, the Special Adviser to Nigeria’s Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah reveals that a Saudi Arabian B747 cargo aircraft landed in Abuja last night and swerved at the maneuvering area of the runway.
“The aircraft then ran into a maintenance area of the runway and stopped.”
According to the Ministry, there have been no casualties and efforts are in top gear to move the air craft away following a preliminary assessment visit by AIPB, NCAA, FAAN and other relevant agencies.
Flights for Abuja have been temporarily suspended to help aid quick evacuation efforts to clear the runway. Normal operations will resume immediately the aircraft is removed.
The statement insists that the incident is not a plane crash just as the Federal Ministry of Aviation regrets all inconveniences this must have caused air travelers and Airport users.
Concerted efforts are being made to restore normalcy.
As progress is being made in the evacuation of the aircraft, the public will be updated, the statement concludes.
- Theophilus Oladipo: Nigeria must develop a legal framework against deceptive advertisement
- Breaking: UEFA to ban Man Utd, Real Madrid, other 10 teams from UCL
- Secessionists have three to four passports to run away when trouble starts – Lai Mohammad
- Breaking: An 18-seated bus has plunged into the Owena River in Ondo State
- David Hundeyin: Isa Ali Pantami – The Inside Story of Nigeria’s Minister of Communications & Digital Economy
- Buhari is tolerating the “rubbish” some civilian president did not take – Katsina Governor
- Mr Macaroni drags police to court over Lekki Toll Gate arrest
- Kalu Nwokoro Idika: Ebubeagu Security Network, Myth Or Reality?
- SERAP seeks probe of ‘missing N106bn In 149 MDAs in 2018’
- “You’re a pathetic fellow” – Former President Jonathan says Babangida Aliyu “will always remain at the back”