Estimated Reading Time: <1
The market indicators of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) on Wednesday appreciated marginally by 0.09 per cent in spite of high volume of shares traded.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the market capitalisation rose by N12 billion or 0.09 per cent to close at N12.471 trillion against N12.459 trillion achieved on Tuesday.
Also, the All-Share Index, which opened at 38,955.42, grew by 34.78 basis points or 0.09 per cent to close higher at 38,990.20.
NAN reports that Flour Mills led the gainers chart, gaining N2.58 to close at N91.85 per share.
Presco came second with a gain of N1.82 to close at N38.37, while Unilever garnered N1.55 to close at N60.56 per share.
Oando appreciated by 62k to close at N15.83, while Okomu Oil chalked up 60k to close at N43 per share.
Guinness topped the price losers, shedding N2 to close at N260 per share.
Cadbury trailed with N1.36 to close at N61.49, while GT Bank dropped 49k to close at N27.31 per share.
Stanbic IBTC lost 20k to close at N19.40, while Access Bank declined by 12k to close at N9.65 per share.
The volume of shares traded improved as 671.59 million shares worth N6.13 billion were traded in 5,716 deals.
This was in contrast to the 308.96 million shares valued at N4.23 billion achieved in 5,493 deals on Tuesday.
Transcorp drove the turnover volume with 275.35 million shares worth N1.22 billion.
It was followed by Zenith Bank, having accounted for 59.89 million shares valued at N1.27 billion, while E-tranzact traded 39.74 million shares worth N112.86 million.
Wapic Insurance came fourth with 36.89 million shares valued at N36.59 million, while investors staked N105.88 million on 25.45 million shares of Skye Bank.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’