Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Governor-elect of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano has been presented with the certificate of return by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). The presentation took place yesterday (Monday) and was conducted by the INEC commissioner for Enugu, Anambra and Benue State, Chief Lawrence Nwurukwu. The commissioner also thanked God he survived the election tension
“One thing I want to say is this; that I thank God. God is a merciful God. One thing I like about Anambra people is that they are a very enlightened and civilised people.
My wife has been crying, praying that I am going to Anambra State. But I thank God that nothing happened,”
The heir apparent of the state, Willie Obiano also thanked God and the people of Anambra State at the polls. He also called on other aspirants at the just concluded election to join him in the building process.
“I want to reassure you that your confidence is not misplaced…“The day of fighting is over. This is the time to work,”
APGA National Chairman, Victor Umeh also thanked the Nigerian President, Goodluck Jonathan and the National Chairman, Prof. Attahiru Jega for conducting a successful election.
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna
- BudgIT demands COVID-19 fund accountability