Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Governor-elect of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano has been presented with the certificate of return by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). The presentation took place yesterday (Monday) and was conducted by the INEC commissioner for Enugu, Anambra and Benue State, Chief Lawrence Nwurukwu. The commissioner also thanked God he survived the election tension
“One thing I want to say is this; that I thank God. God is a merciful God. One thing I like about Anambra people is that they are a very enlightened and civilised people.
My wife has been crying, praying that I am going to Anambra State. But I thank God that nothing happened,”
The heir apparent of the state, Willie Obiano also thanked God and the people of Anambra State at the polls. He also called on other aspirants at the just concluded election to join him in the building process.
“I want to reassure you that your confidence is not misplaced…“The day of fighting is over. This is the time to work,”
APGA National Chairman, Victor Umeh also thanked the Nigerian President, Goodluck Jonathan and the National Chairman, Prof. Attahiru Jega for conducting a successful election.
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore
- How I lost my wife, 4 children to Flood – 50-year-old man narrates in new CDD documentary
- Gunmen who invaded Abuja orphanage demand for N30 Million