Estimated Reading Time: <1
Real Betis has sacked Pepe Mel as a result of the club’s poor form which has given them a ride to the bottom of the La Liga after fifteen matches so far this season
“The board of directors, after extensive deliberation, has decided to dispense with the services of Pepe Mel as coach of Real Betis”,Club president Miguel Guillen told the club’s website.
“It is a sad and painful decision with the sole objective of ending the run of poor results that we have been suffering for many weeks”, he added.
Betis who finished seventh last season are not taking any chances as they have immediately replaced Mel with former Villareal manager, Juan Carlos Garrido
Betis have won only two (2) La Liga matches this season and have only ten points.
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%