Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Sunshine Star Defender and current Nigerian international, Godfrey Obaobona was the hero and villain as his Turkish side, Caykur Rizespor went up against Konyaspor on Monday in Turkish Super Lig game.
Though Obaobona scored for Rizespor at the Konya Ataturk Stadium, his own goal was responsible for sinking his team later on
There were no goals in the first half. Konyaspor scored the first goal in the 49th minute through through Omer Sahiner.
Rizespor drew level later on through the Super Eagles Defender in the 73rd minute with a left footed strike.
The joy of the Nigerian defender did not last long as he scored an own goal while trying to protect his side’s post from Mehmet Uslu’s free-kick
The Nigerian centre half also bagged a yellow card in the encounter
Rizespor have now dropped from 12th to 13th position in the Turkish league table.
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’
- IGP orders arrest of Sunday Igboho
- 2023: Governor Ortom should run for senate – Special Adviser