Estimated Reading Time: <1
The electronic mail account of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president, Alhaji Aminu Maigari, has been breached by alleged scam artists. Maigari only discovered on Tuesday that his email account, had been hacked by suspected fraudsters who used it to send out SOS messages demanding for financial assistance from his contacts.
“The hackers posted a message that I had travelled out of the country and needed everyone who read the message to come up with a sum of money to complete a project I am working.
“This is far from the truth. I am right now in the country and will only be traveling to Brazil on Tuesday night for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw Ceremony. I am not working on any project for which I need anyone to give me a loan.
“I wish to alert friends, family, the Nigeria football family and teeming lovers of Nigeria football at home and abroad that the message is not from me. This is the handwork of fraudsters and should be discountenanced,” said Maigari.
Maigari was recently named Sports Administrator of the Year at the Nigeria Sports Awards in Lagos.
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami