Estimated Reading Time: <1
The electronic mail account of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president, Alhaji Aminu Maigari, has been breached by alleged scam artists. Maigari only discovered on Tuesday that his email account, had been hacked by suspected fraudsters who used it to send out SOS messages demanding for financial assistance from his contacts.
“The hackers posted a message that I had travelled out of the country and needed everyone who read the message to come up with a sum of money to complete a project I am working.
“This is far from the truth. I am right now in the country and will only be traveling to Brazil on Tuesday night for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw Ceremony. I am not working on any project for which I need anyone to give me a loan.
“I wish to alert friends, family, the Nigeria football family and teeming lovers of Nigeria football at home and abroad that the message is not from me. This is the handwork of fraudsters and should be discountenanced,” said Maigari.
Maigari was recently named Sports Administrator of the Year at the Nigeria Sports Awards in Lagos.
- Just in: 3 dead as petrol tanker explodes in Ogun State
- Nigeria is more corrupt today than it was in the past – Pat Utomi
- University of Calabar to resume February 5th
- NFF sets up Special COVID-19 task force
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local vaccine production
- A Traditional Ruler in Adamawa has been kidnapped
- Kano enforces COVID-19 restrictions; civil servants to stay home, viewing centres shut down
- Kaduna University will reopen January 25 – VC
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour