Estimated Reading Time: <1
Sony Corp said on Tuesday that global sales of its PlayStation 4 game console exceeded 2.1 million units as of December 1.
The number included the 700,000 units sold through in Europe and Australasia launching on November 29, Sony said in a statement.
Sony launched the PS4 in the United States and Canada in mid-November, a week before Microsoft’s Xbox One console hit stores, marketing the device aggressively in an advertising blitz that the company believes will pay off during the year-end holiday season.
(Reporting by Sophie Knight; Writing by Shinichi Saoshiro; Editing by Dominic Lau)
Story read in Reuters
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%