Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor of Adamawa state, Murtala Nyako might have successfully switched from the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) to the opposition All Progressive Congress (APC) but that success is now plagued by the refusal of his followers to move to the APC.
Alhaji Mijinyawa Kugama’s led executive of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP whose loyalty to Nyako was never in doubt until now. He has refused to follow in the footsteps of the governor just as he insists that the executive remains loyal to the ruling PDP
Chief Joel Madaki led- faction of the PDP in the state had recently asked Nyako and his supporters, who recently defected to APC to handover the secretariat to its leadership. Kugama has now come out to say he and his executives remain PDP Members as they were legally elected into office
In another twist, the Assistant Secretary of Madaki-led faction of the party in the state, Alhaji Lawan Habu, has now stated that the party has observed that the Kugama faction converted the properties of PDP to the All Progressives Congress, APC, which the party described as criminal and unpatriotic.
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%