Estimated Reading Time: <1
You all remember the widow Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo state asked to ‘go and die’? If you missed that, click HERE.
According to the News Agency Of Nigeria (NAN), the Governor today donated two million Naira to the widow he had insulted while on an inspection tour of the state. The widow identified as Mrs Joy Ifije had been invited to the Edo Government House by the Governor.
The comrade Governor had invited the widow over to tender his apology over his error one-on-one.
“Let me apologise to you for the way I spoke to you, I am very sorry about the statement.
I have also realised that even in anger, one could still achieve the same result that he set out to without provocative outburst.
I apologise from the bottom of my heart, but sometimes you get angry when people compromise your efforts.’”
Aside the 2 Million Naira he offered her, he also announced that she will automatically be gainfully employed. His kind gesture will not end there, the governor also promised to help in sponsoring the widow’s second child’s education.
Earlier on, Mrs Ifije had apologized for breaking the law
“I know I was wrong, that was why I quickly knelt down to beg when I realised I was face to face with the Governor”.
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai