Estimated Reading Time: <1
You all remember the widow Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo state asked to ‘go and die’? If you missed that, click HERE.
According to the News Agency Of Nigeria (NAN), the Governor today donated two million Naira to the widow he had insulted while on an inspection tour of the state. The widow identified as Mrs Joy Ifije had been invited to the Edo Government House by the Governor.
The comrade Governor had invited the widow over to tender his apology over his error one-on-one.
“Let me apologise to you for the way I spoke to you, I am very sorry about the statement.
I have also realised that even in anger, one could still achieve the same result that he set out to without provocative outburst.
I apologise from the bottom of my heart, but sometimes you get angry when people compromise your efforts.’”
Aside the 2 Million Naira he offered her, he also announced that she will automatically be gainfully employed. His kind gesture will not end there, the governor also promised to help in sponsoring the widow’s second child’s education.
Earlier on, Mrs Ifije had apologized for breaking the law
“I know I was wrong, that was why I quickly knelt down to beg when I realised I was face to face with the Governor”.
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students