Estimated Reading Time: <1
Barely forty eight (48) hours to the expiration of the ultimatum handed to the Academic Staff Union Of Universities (ASUU) by the Education Minister and there is no end in sight for the five months old strike action.
The Supervising minister of Education, Mr Nyesom Wike had on Thursday warned striking lecturers to return to the lecture rooms in Seven (7) days or risk losing their jobs.
That ultimatum will expire on Wednesday but ASUU seems unfazed by the ultimatum as they have advised Parents/Guardians not to risk the lives of their children/wards by sending them back to the campuses as the strike has not been called off.
The Senate President, David Mark has condemned the ultimatum given to ASUU but has also begged them to resume work. Nigeria’s leading opposition party, All Progressive Change has also condemned the government for issuing such a threat
- Just In: Court orders Kaduna prison to release El-Zakzaky’s wife, Zeenat for COVID treatment
- Police investigate Apostle Suleman for allegedly sleeping with pastor’s wife & threatening his life
- PDP justifies Wike’s N500Million donation to Sokoto State
- The Choice and the science of deploying COVID-19 vaccines in Nigeria
- APC is a dying party, we have failed Nigerians – Solomon Dalung
- PDP calls on US President Joe Biden to sanction APC leaders
- Gunmen kidnap 11 people, including children from Abuja orphanage
- Fact Check: Rivers government did not order sudden shutdown of schools
- Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen is legal – Femi Falana
- Former AGF, Abdullahi Ibrahim dies of COVID-19 complications