Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Senior Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe who has been quiet for a while now is back – this time the President’s aide accusses the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) of attempting to subvert the Presidency.
Addressing pressmen in Abuja on Sunday, Okupe said the negative disposition of the ASUU leadership is unarguably a pre-conceived and calculated treacherous plot, further describing the leadership of the union as rigid and insensitive.
He said government had reached agreement with ASUU to make available N100 billion for the provision of infrastructure on campuses of 61 universities covered in the needs assessment of universities, with a further commitment of another N200 billion over the next two years, and N40 billion of the N90 billion Earned Allowances demanded by the lecturers one would have expected them to reconsider their stand.
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid