Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Super Eagles of Nigeria have dropped from 33rd to 36th in the official FIFA world ranking, three steps backwards despite being the first African country to have qualified for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
The ranking table posted on it’s website Thursday showed that Nigeria has 710 points, as against the 724 points it had in October.
The world football body placed Nigeria fourth in Africa, behind Algeria, Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire, who have 800, 849 and 918 points, respectively.
Spain maintained the first spot ahead of Germany, Argentina and Colombia who also maintained the second, third and fourth spots.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami