Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Super Eagles of Nigeria have dropped from 33rd to 36th in the official FIFA world ranking, three steps backwards despite being the first African country to have qualified for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
The ranking table posted on it’s website Thursday showed that Nigeria has 710 points, as against the 724 points it had in October.
The world football body placed Nigeria fourth in Africa, behind Algeria, Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire, who have 800, 849 and 918 points, respectively.
Spain maintained the first spot ahead of Germany, Argentina and Colombia who also maintained the second, third and fourth spots.
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help