Estimated Reading Time: <1
Join us on Facebook and Twitter for more interaction over this.
On-loan Chelsea FC of England and Nigerian forward Victor Moses is excited over the Nigerian Footballer of the year award bequeathed on him at The Nigerian Sports Awards which took place yesterday. He came tops over John Mike Obi and Sunday Mba who were the other nominees in the category.
Moses took to social media; Twitter to be precise where he expressed his happiness. He wrote: “Proud and honoured to win the Nigerian Footballer of the year award for 2013 . Is a dream come true to play for my country so thank you every1.”
22-year-old Moses who is currently on loan at Liverpool FC had represented England in four age-grade teams before eventually choosing to play for Nigeria at senior level.
Mikel Obi won the Sports Man of the Year award just as Blessing Okagbare won the Sports Woman of the Year award.
- Uber, Bolt drivers in Lagos threaten to begin strike on Monday
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office