Estimated Reading Time: <1
Join us on Facebook and Twitter for more interaction over this.
On-loan Chelsea FC of England and Nigerian forward Victor Moses is excited over the Nigerian Footballer of the year award bequeathed on him at The Nigerian Sports Awards which took place yesterday. He came tops over John Mike Obi and Sunday Mba who were the other nominees in the category.
Moses took to social media; Twitter to be precise where he expressed his happiness. He wrote: “Proud and honoured to win the Nigerian Footballer of the year award for 2013 . Is a dream come true to play for my country so thank you every1.”
22-year-old Moses who is currently on loan at Liverpool FC had represented England in four age-grade teams before eventually choosing to play for Nigeria at senior level.
Mikel Obi won the Sports Man of the Year award just as Blessing Okagbare won the Sports Woman of the Year award.
- Lagos govt says negotiations are ongoing with manufacturers to make COVID-19 vaccines available
- “Scammers bent on defrauding job seekers” -EFCC raise alert
- Just In: Nigeria orders immediate closure of enrollment activities at NIMC Headquarters
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match