Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Rivers state Governor, Rt. Hon. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi who yesterday defected to the All Progressive Congress(APC) from the People’s Democratic Party has revealed why he left the latter. While speaking at the Port Harcourt International Airport, Omagwa he said President Goodluck Jonathan’s failure in addressing the issues raised by the G 7 governors led to his departure from the ruling party.
He said Rivers state had suffered continued neglect in the dispensation of President Jonathan
“Rivers State must know that for me to have taken that decision, I had looked at the general interests of Rivers people. I was not elected to lead Nigeria, I was elected to lead Rivers State and I had looked at the interests of Rivers people and have seen that these interests were not protected in PDP. I have seen the fact that we are losing our oil wells in Etche, in the Kalabari areas and that the more they continue to pilfer these oil wells, the more we will continue to lose our wealth”, he assured.
The Governor also denied any face off with President Goodluck Jonathan. He insists he did not join the APC to ridicule the President but to promote the interest of the state.
- Estonia gets first female prime minister
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore