Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Rivers state Governor, Rt. Hon. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi who yesterday defected to the All Progressive Congress(APC) from the People’s Democratic Party has revealed why he left the latter. While speaking at the Port Harcourt International Airport, Omagwa he said President Goodluck Jonathan’s failure in addressing the issues raised by the G 7 governors led to his departure from the ruling party.
He said Rivers state had suffered continued neglect in the dispensation of President Jonathan
“Rivers State must know that for me to have taken that decision, I had looked at the general interests of Rivers people. I was not elected to lead Nigeria, I was elected to lead Rivers State and I had looked at the interests of Rivers people and have seen that these interests were not protected in PDP. I have seen the fact that we are losing our oil wells in Etche, in the Kalabari areas and that the more they continue to pilfer these oil wells, the more we will continue to lose our wealth”, he assured.
The Governor also denied any face off with President Goodluck Jonathan. He insists he did not join the APC to ridicule the President but to promote the interest of the state.
- Presidency defends Pantami, says he’s the victim of a ‘cancel campaign’
- Instagram Comedian and Influencer, Pankeeroy arrested for Bitcoin fraud
- Popular Yoruba Actor, Baba Ijesha arrested for allegedly raping 14 year old
- Oyo State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja to cost N1.2 Billion
- Allegations against Pantami are not a big deal – Arewa group
- We have strengthened security at the borders to prevent infiltration from Chad – Defence Minister
- COVID-19: Lagos concludes administration of vaccine first dose
- 8 AK-47 rifles stolen from soldiers in Benue have been recovered -Governor Ortom
- Judiciary workers in Lagos announce partial resumption
- Gunmen kidnap 18 persons in Ibarapa, Oyo State