Estimated Reading Time: <1
Two Local Governments in Nasarawa state, Northern Nigeria has experienced massive defection of All Progressive Change (APC) members to the People’s Democratic Party (PDP). In what was a shocking move, over 4.000 members left Nigeria’s leading opposition party to the ruling People’s Democratic Party.
The Nasarawa state Chairman of the PDP, Mr Yunana Aliyu formally received the new members into the fold at Keffi and Garaku; the headquarters of Keffi and Kokona Local Governments respectively
Iliya praised the new members for their courageous decision. He also enjoined members of the other political parties to join the PDP. The state Party chairman also employed the opportunity to solicit for vote and support for the party in the forthcoming local government elections in the state.
He said the well being of women, children and people with disability will be a priority.
Mr Ibrahim Anfani who spoke on behalf of the defected members explained that their decision to join the ruling party was as a result of leadership style of those from the PDP platform across the state. He said elected members from the ruling party had carried everybody along irrespective of tribal, religious and political inclination in the state .
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help