Estimated Reading Time: <1
Two Local Governments in Nasarawa state, Northern Nigeria has experienced massive defection of All Progressive Change (APC) members to the People’s Democratic Party (PDP). In what was a shocking move, over 4.000 members left Nigeria’s leading opposition party to the ruling People’s Democratic Party.
The Nasarawa state Chairman of the PDP, Mr Yunana Aliyu formally received the new members into the fold at Keffi and Garaku; the headquarters of Keffi and Kokona Local Governments respectively
Iliya praised the new members for their courageous decision. He also enjoined members of the other political parties to join the PDP. The state Party chairman also employed the opportunity to solicit for vote and support for the party in the forthcoming local government elections in the state.
He said the well being of women, children and people with disability will be a priority.
Mr Ibrahim Anfani who spoke on behalf of the defected members explained that their decision to join the ruling party was as a result of leadership style of those from the PDP platform across the state. He said elected members from the ruling party had carried everybody along irrespective of tribal, religious and political inclination in the state .
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami