Estimated Reading Time: <1
The erstwhile chairman of the PDP in Kwara, Ishola Balogun Fulani announced the decision to consolidate the merger in the state on Wednesday. He stated that the former PDP members would continue to be loyal to the APC leaders in the state.
The members and leaders of the PDP started arriving at the party’s state secretariat by exactly 10:00am as they came to listen to what the chairman had for them.
Fulani dropped a bombshell about one hour later when he told his audience that the entire members of the party would become members of the APC.
The development went down well with the former PDP members who sang along to the song of a local musician.
“We will follow you wherever you direct us”, they chanted but in their local dialect.
The former chairman of PDP had addressed the members in Yoruba language, an action he later defended when he told journalists that the rationale behind the action was that of solidarity.
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%