Estimated Reading Time: <1
The erstwhile chairman of the PDP in Kwara, Ishola Balogun Fulani announced the decision to consolidate the merger in the state on Wednesday. He stated that the former PDP members would continue to be loyal to the APC leaders in the state.
The members and leaders of the PDP started arriving at the party’s state secretariat by exactly 10:00am as they came to listen to what the chairman had for them.
Fulani dropped a bombshell about one hour later when he told his audience that the entire members of the party would become members of the APC.
The development went down well with the former PDP members who sang along to the song of a local musician.
“We will follow you wherever you direct us”, they chanted but in their local dialect.
The former chairman of PDP had addressed the members in Yoruba language, an action he later defended when he told journalists that the rationale behind the action was that of solidarity.
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna
- BudgIT demands COVID-19 fund accountability