Estimated Reading Time: <1
The House of Representatives has yesterday mandated its committee on Petroleum Resources (Upstream) to conduct an investigative hearing on kerosene subsidy and expenditure.
The committee has been asked to verify the actual amount spent on kerosene subsidy from 2010 to 2013. It has also been tasked to establish the source of funds used in financing kerosene subsidy and the relevant budgetary approval. The committee will also be responsible for the determination of the companies benefiting from the subsidy. Finally, the team will establish the extent (if any) to which the subsidized kerosene gets to the consumers at the regulated price and investigate all incidental issues relating to kerosene supply and distribution.
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help