Estimated Reading Time: <1
The House of Representatives has yesterday mandated its committee on Petroleum Resources (Upstream) to conduct an investigative hearing on kerosene subsidy and expenditure.
The committee has been asked to verify the actual amount spent on kerosene subsidy from 2010 to 2013. It has also been tasked to establish the source of funds used in financing kerosene subsidy and the relevant budgetary approval. The committee will also be responsible for the determination of the companies benefiting from the subsidy. Finally, the team will establish the extent (if any) to which the subsidized kerosene gets to the consumers at the regulated price and investigate all incidental issues relating to kerosene supply and distribution.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami