Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) has called for the immediate release of the defunct Niger Delta People’s Volunteer force leader, Asari Dokubo who was arrested by Local Police in the Republic Of Benin yesterday, November 26th 2013.
In a letter forwarded to NewsWire NGR, the spokesperson of MEND, Jomo Gbomo said they cannot abandon Asari at this time despite the latter’s quiet disposition during Henry Okah’s travails and conviction. Jomo Gbomo is of the opinion that Asari Dokubo, Elder Edwin Clark and many other Niger Delta leaders have been bought over.
“Even though Mr Asari Dokubo, along with some Niger Delta myopic and corrupt Tribal Assemblies like the Ijaw National Congress (INC), Ijaw Youth Congress (IYC), Ijaw Monitoring Group (IMG), South-South Peoples Assembly (SSPA) and Elder Edwin K Clark gloated or kept silent over Henry Okah’s setup, arrest and conviction, we will remember the role Mr Asari Dokubo had played in the unfinished struggle before he was bought off along with several others.”
In the letter, Jomo Gbomo also warned that MEND may launch attacks on the Republic Of Benin if Asari is not released as soon as possible
“The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) will not abandon Mr Asari Dokubo at this time as we will not abandon Henry Okah, his brother Charles Okah and others still incarcerated.
If diplomacy fails to prevail, we will not rule out any form of attacks on the Republic of Benin’s interests”, he concluded
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party