Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Conference of Nigerian Political Parties Monday called for the resignation of the Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega, over the failed governorship poll in Anambra State.
Its spokesperson, Osita Okechukwu, said, beyond the mangling of the voter register, the deliberate delay in arrival of voting materials – the bizarre allocation of 96,569 votes gave APGA candidate the undeserved lead.
The conference said it had uncovered massive fraud in the votes allocated to candidates after the inconclusive November 16 governorship polls in the state, “which gave the All Progressives Grand Alliance candidate, Willie Obiano, undeserved lead.”
The CNPP made it clear that if Jega still upholds the flawed result in spite of substantial evidence, it would be left with no option but to call for his resignation.
CNPP wondered how INEC manufactured the 96,569 votes from? The INEC posted the Anambra State governorship result as follows: Total Votes Cast – 429,549; Cancelled Votes – 113,113; leaving a differential of 316,436″ it stated.
“The electoral body stated that Mr. Willie Obiano of APGA got 174,710 to finish tops. Mr. Tony Nwoye of PDP polled 94,956 to finish second, Mr. Chris Ngige of APC came third with 92,300 votes, while Mr. Ifeanyi Ubah of LP came fourth with 37,440.
The group according to its statement did the calculations that shows the amazing results tallied 399,406 as the total number of valid votes allocated to the four major candidates during the election. “However, bearing in mind that INEC said 429,529 people voted, out of which 113,113 were nullified, that means only 316,436 legitimate votes were recorded.”
It added, “The implication is that the number of votes allocated to the four major candidates by INEC is higher than the total number of valid votes cast during the election. This does not even take into consideration the votes garnered by the remaining 18 candidates in the contest.”
According to CNPP, “Total votes allocated to candidates are 413,005. When you subtract 316, 436 from 413,005, you get 96,569. It is our contention that the total votes scored by APndidate were inflated from 78,141 to 174,710 votes, being the preferred candidate whose double registration allegation still vibrates in spite of INEC’s attempt to sweep it under the carpet.”
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara