Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Aminu Tukur
The Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has said the printing of his presidential posters with that of a former Head of State, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.) is being done by a serving minister.
The Chief of Staff, Mr. Tony Okorocha, who spoke with reporters in Abuja on Monday, accused a serving minister from the south -south region as being behind the said posters.
The 2015 posters portrays Buhari, as a presidential aspirant and the Rivers State Governor, Amaechi as his running mate for the election.
Condemning the action, Mr. Okocha said what the minister is trying to do is to deceive the undiscerning minds in Rivers State and Nigeria so as to gain undue attention and continue to stay on in his post.
He described the minister whose name was not mentioned as a mischief-maker and an expert in frivolity.
The Chief of Staff said, “The governor has not told anyone that he is contesting any elective position come 2015 and I don’t know why people would be printing his posters without his permission just because they want to tarnish his image and be seen to be working.”
The Chief of Staff however called on Nigerians to plead with the minister to leave Amaechi alone and face the arduous task of his ministry so as to save the country from producing illiterates.
- Presidency defends Pantami, says he’s the victim of a ‘cancel campaign’
- Instagram Comedian and Influencer, Pankeeroy arrested for Bitcoin fraud
- Popular Yoruba Actor, Baba Ijesha arrested for allegedly raping 14 year old
- Oyo State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja to cost N1.2 Billion
- Allegations against Pantami are not a big deal – Arewa group
- We have strengthened security at the borders to prevent infiltration from Chad – Defence Minister
- COVID-19: Lagos concludes administration of vaccine first dose
- 8 AK-47 rifles stolen from soldiers in Benue have been recovered -Governor Ortom
- Judiciary workers in Lagos announce partial resumption
- Gunmen kidnap 18 persons in Ibarapa, Oyo State