Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Aminu Tukur
Speaker Tambuwal at “The Christopher Kolade Symposium.’’ in Lagos said, “Honestly, this idea of turn-by-turn arrangement in the holding of political offices does not produce the best leaders.”
Speaking at the 5th Nigeria Leadership Conferencein Lagos, Thursday, the Speaker noted that rotation of the Senate President’s seat, Office of the Governor or the zoning the Office of the President, based on sectional considerations, is not the best for Nigeria.
Tambuwal however advocated for the people to allowed to elect into office leaders as zoning constricts the space, from which good leadership emerges and it also threatens good governance which is an ingredient for development.
Represented at the event by the House Minority Leader, Rep. Femi Gbajabiamila. He said the problem had impeded the country’s efforts to attain sustainable development.
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government
- Fredrick Nwabufo: I’m a ‘herdsman’ — all herdsmen are not bandits
- COVID-19: Federal Government says ultra chain cold facility ready for vaccine storage
- Ondo Govt says Presidency backing criminal elements masquerading as herdsmen
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose
- Civil servants in Rivers State begin work from home
- Lessons Nigerians should learn from the Donald Trump presidency
- This government is reversing the spate of insecurity – Senate President promises
- Ondo State Government insists herdsmen must leave forest reserves within 7 days
- Matthew Hassan Kukah: An Open letter to Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello