Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Aminu Tukur
Speaker Tambuwal at “The Christopher Kolade Symposium.’’ in Lagos said, “Honestly, this idea of turn-by-turn arrangement in the holding of political offices does not produce the best leaders.”
Speaking at the 5th Nigeria Leadership Conferencein Lagos, Thursday, the Speaker noted that rotation of the Senate President’s seat, Office of the Governor or the zoning the Office of the President, based on sectional considerations, is not the best for Nigeria.
Tambuwal however advocated for the people to allowed to elect into office leaders as zoning constricts the space, from which good leadership emerges and it also threatens good governance which is an ingredient for development.
Represented at the event by the House Minority Leader, Rep. Femi Gbajabiamila. He said the problem had impeded the country’s efforts to attain sustainable development.
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report