Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Chukwu Ude
The candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in the Anambra governorship election, Senator Chris Ngige, urges the Professor Attahiru Jega led Independent National Electoral Commission to Conduct a fresh Elections.
Senator Ngige in a letter dated November 18, signed and addressed to the INEC national chairman, noted that it is inevitable that the election is fundamentally flawed and cannot be redeemed by the proposed Supplementary Election.
Ngige said the decision by the commission to conduct a supplementary election was misconceived. His letter reads, “”By law, those results are now beyond the purview of INEC to invalidate. Only the courts have that power now to do so…All that the commission can do is to conduct a supplementary election so that the CRO can make a return,”.
The candidate of the All Progressives Congress demands that the Commission conducts fresh election to enable the people of Anambra State elect a Governor of their choice devoid of manifest, widespread and substantial irregularities.
- Presidency defends Pantami, says he’s the victim of a ‘cancel campaign’
- Instagram Comedian and Influencer, Pankeeroy arrested for Bitcoin fraud
- Popular Yoruba Actor, Baba Ijesha arrested for allegedly raping 14 year old
- Oyo State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja to cost N1.2 Billion
- Allegations against Pantami are not a big deal – Arewa group
- We have strengthened security at the borders to prevent infiltration from Chad – Defence Minister
- COVID-19: Lagos concludes administration of vaccine first dose
- 8 AK-47 rifles stolen from soldiers in Benue have been recovered -Governor Ortom
- Judiciary workers in Lagos announce partial resumption
- Gunmen kidnap 18 persons in Ibarapa, Oyo State