Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Chukwu Ude
The candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in the Anambra governorship election, Senator Chris Ngige, urges the Professor Attahiru Jega led Independent National Electoral Commission to Conduct a fresh Elections.
Senator Ngige in a letter dated November 18, signed and addressed to the INEC national chairman, noted that it is inevitable that the election is fundamentally flawed and cannot be redeemed by the proposed Supplementary Election.
Ngige said the decision by the commission to conduct a supplementary election was misconceived. His letter reads, “”By law, those results are now beyond the purview of INEC to invalidate. Only the courts have that power now to do so…All that the commission can do is to conduct a supplementary election so that the CRO can make a return,”.
The candidate of the All Progressives Congress demands that the Commission conducts fresh election to enable the people of Anambra State elect a Governor of their choice devoid of manifest, widespread and substantial irregularities.
- Nollywood actor, Ernest Asuzu has died
- State Capture: Nigeria’s political parties and their associates are malicious – Cheta Nwanze
- Nigeria earned N1.53Trillion from VAT In 2020 – NBS report
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic