Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Andy Nnamdi
After the outstanding performance at the U-17world cup, the Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has said he intends to call up a few of the U17 World Cup winning players to the Super Eagles in preparation for next year’s CHAN tournament.
“I watched them during their tournament and I did mention that I liked a few of the players and of course I will like to take a closer look at them. So the plan is to invite them to the training programme for next year’s CHAN and monitor them”.
Keshi in an interview with supersport.com said people need to understand that even though they won their tournament, it does not mean they are ready to play for the senior teams immediately.
The Eagles Coach added, “Like I keep saying, I am on the lookout for those players that will improve the present squad so these U-17 boys will get the first crack at it. I will be pleased if one or two step up their game and make it”
Sport Analyst have continued to call for the U-17 world cup winners to be given an express pass to the Super Eagles of Nigeria squad following their victory in Dubai.
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- In Katsina, 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, dragged to court over alleged homosexual (rape) of an eight-year-old boy
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- 2023: Fayemi is the most qualified presidential candidate from South-West – APC spokesperson declares
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers
- Breaking: Ex-finance minister, Jubril Martins-Kuye is dead
- We will continue to demand the unconditional release of El-Zakzaky – IMN
- We are short of cooling facilities to store expected Covid-19 vaccines – Nigerian Institute of Medical Research