Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Federal Executive Council (FEC) celebrated the birthday of President Goodluck Jonathan before the commencement of the weekly meeting. The brief ceremony was presided over by the country’s Vice-President, Namadi Sambo.
The President who had left for London to preside over a three-day meeting of Honourary International Investors’ Council (HIIC) was absent at the ceremony
Architect Namadi Sambo described Jonathan as “a gift to the nation” just as he commended his leadership style and transformation agenda.
“We are privileged Nigerians sharing from the grace of God upon his life. There is no doubt that the great destiny of this man has helped our individual destiny. What really can we give him in return but only to thank God for his life but to also commend him to the guidance, protection and the care of God”, he said.
A cake was presented to the President through his Vice by the council. The council which was led by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Sen. Anyim Pius Anyim also had a birthday card for the President
- Theophilus Oladipo: Nigeria must develop a legal framework against deceptive advertisement
- Breaking: UEFA to ban Man Utd, Real Madrid, other 10 teams from UCL
- Secessionists have three to four passports to run away when trouble starts – Lai Mohammad
- Breaking: An 18-seated bus has plunged into the Owena River in Ondo State
- David Hundeyin: Isa Ali Pantami – The Inside Story of Nigeria’s Minister of Communications & Digital Economy
- Buhari is tolerating the “rubbish” some civilian president did not take – Katsina Governor
- Mr Macaroni drags police to court over Lekki Toll Gate arrest
- Kalu Nwokoro Idika: Ebubeagu Security Network, Myth Or Reality?
- SERAP seeks probe of ‘missing N106bn In 149 MDAs in 2018’
- “You’re a pathetic fellow” – Former President Jonathan says Babangida Aliyu “will always remain at the back”