Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Federal Executive Council (FEC) celebrated the birthday of President Goodluck Jonathan before the commencement of the weekly meeting. The brief ceremony was presided over by the country’s Vice-President, Namadi Sambo.
The President who had left for London to preside over a three-day meeting of Honourary International Investors’ Council (HIIC) was absent at the ceremony
Architect Namadi Sambo described Jonathan as “a gift to the nation” just as he commended his leadership style and transformation agenda.
“We are privileged Nigerians sharing from the grace of God upon his life. There is no doubt that the great destiny of this man has helped our individual destiny. What really can we give him in return but only to thank God for his life but to also commend him to the guidance, protection and the care of God”, he said.
A cake was presented to the President through his Vice by the council. The council which was led by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Sen. Anyim Pius Anyim also had a birthday card for the President
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee
- 3rd Mainland Bridge to be shut for another 3 days – FG
- COVID-19 outbreak in Anambra House of Assembly; plenty cancelled
- NANS support NDLEA’s proposal to administer drug tests to students before admissions
- Nigerians can now register for NIN with Telcos – NIMC
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April