Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Federal Executive Council (FEC) celebrated the birthday of President Goodluck Jonathan before the commencement of the weekly meeting. The brief ceremony was presided over by the country’s Vice-President, Namadi Sambo.
The President who had left for London to preside over a three-day meeting of Honourary International Investors’ Council (HIIC) was absent at the ceremony
Architect Namadi Sambo described Jonathan as “a gift to the nation” just as he commended his leadership style and transformation agenda.
“We are privileged Nigerians sharing from the grace of God upon his life. There is no doubt that the great destiny of this man has helped our individual destiny. What really can we give him in return but only to thank God for his life but to also commend him to the guidance, protection and the care of God”, he said.
A cake was presented to the President through his Vice by the council. The council which was led by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Sen. Anyim Pius Anyim also had a birthday card for the President
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English