Estimated Reading Time: <1
United States reached a draft agreement with Afghanistan on Wednesday on a crucial security pact, news agency Reuters reports. This is coming just a day before thousands of Afghan elders will debate on the fate of U.S troops remaining in their country beyond 2014
The United States had warned that if the pact was not signed, they will withdraw their troops by the end of next year and leave Afghan forces to fight a Taliban-led insurgency alone.
Thousands of Afghan dignitaries and elders will gather in a giant tent in Kabul on Thursday to debate the fate of U.S. forces after 2014 .
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami