Estimated Reading Time: <1
Multiple sources tell NewsWireNGR that theres been an explosion at the Abule Egba area of Lagos State Nigeria.
The Cause of the explosion is unknown but reports say there was pandemonium late Sunday evening when the pipeline said to be owned the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation exploded in the Oke-Ode area of Abule-Egba, Lagos State.
The Abule Egba area is not new to activities of vandals who constantly rupture the pipeline in a bid to steal fuel but we will be updating this story as we get more updates about the cause of the fire and casualty – but properties worth millions of naira are said to have been consumed in the raging fire.
The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Dr. Oluwafemi Okeosanyintolu, who confirmed the incident Punch Newspaper said, “There is a fire incident at Oke-Odo. We are already coordinating.”
Also, the Director-General, Lagos State Fire Service, Magret Adeseye, said three fire service station had been deployed in the area to curtail the fire incident, adding that no casualty had been recorded.
“Yes, a fire incident is ongoing. Three of our stations are present at the scene of the fire incident. The fire is still on, but under control, we deployed Agege, Alausa and one other fire stations to the area. The cause of the fire incident is still under investigation, no casualty has been recorded for now.”
- No better opportunity than now for all Christians to pray – Buhari’s Easter Message to Nigerians
- COVID-19: Health Minister says he is not aware if medical doctors in Nigeria are paid hazard allowance
- I never knew Nigeria’s healthcare infrastructure was in such bad state – Senior Nigerian Govt official says
- Lagos Govt denies relaxing lockdown in the state for Easter celebration
- Bauchi State governor, Senator Bala Mohammed tests negative for Coronavirus
- Lagos commissioner says government will soon commence search for COVID-19 patients in communities
- NCDC confirms 14 new COVID-19 cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: Enahoro, Ali Get Presidential Pardon… 2,600 Inmates Freed
- Pharmacist Arrested For Raping A 12 Year Old Boy
- Court ask Naira Marley to shoot a video against the spread of COVID-19 pandemic – The Singer had said he didn’t believe in the virus