Estimated Reading Time: <1
Bauchi State Governor, Senator Bala Abdulkadir Muhammed is among the dignitaries at the Supreme Court as the apex court gives verdict on the state’s March 9 governorship election. The governor was absent at the court’s sitting last week as he was hospitalised in London.
The rumour that he was bed-ridden forced the Bauchi State Government to dispel reports suggesting that Bala Muhammed cannot be back anytime soon to continue to perform his official duties
. A statement signed by Senior Special Assistant on Media to the Governor, Mukhtar Gidado said, “Some members of the opposition have in the wake of the on-going Supreme Court case, unfortunately insinuated that the governor is in the United Kingdom for the ‘long haul’ because of what they term to be his deteriorating health condition.
DailyTrust Newspaper reports that, at the last sitting of the court, the former governor of Bauchi State, Mohammed Abubakar, who stepped out the court raising his hands to signal ‘four plus four’, was pelted with water bottles by persons believed to be supporters of Bala Muhammed.
The former governor and his party, the All Progressives Congress, APC are challenging the declaration of Bala Muhammed as the elected governor of the state by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
- Ibrahim Magu, former acting EFCC Chairman accused of failing to account for 332 real estate properties recovered
- Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami justifies approval to sell five sea vessels holding crude oil and diesel
- Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana denies receiving N28m from Ibrahim Magu
- “My involvement in that political process ended after the elections of 2011” – Sambo Dasuki denies campaigning for President Buhari in 2015
- UK denies Nigerian airline landing permit to evacuate stranded citizens
- Leader of ‘One Million Boys’ shot dead in Ibadan
- Doctors in Lagos State begin warning strike on Monday
- National Theatre handed over to bankers’ committee for renovation
- LASG seals 33 hotels, bars, restaurants, others for violating reopening protocols
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19