Estimated Reading Time: <1
Multiple sources tell NewsWireNGR that theres been an explosion at the Abule Egba area of Lagos State Nigeria.
The Cause of the explosion is unknown but reports say there was pandemonium late Sunday evening when the pipeline said to be owned the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation exploded in the Oke-Ode area of Abule-Egba, Lagos State.
The Abule Egba area is not new to activities of vandals who constantly rupture the pipeline in a bid to steal fuel but we will be updating this story as we get more updates about the cause of the fire and casualty – but properties worth millions of naira are said to have been consumed in the raging fire.
The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Dr. Oluwafemi Okeosanyintolu, who confirmed the incident Punch Newspaper said, “There is a fire incident at Oke-Odo. We are already coordinating.”
Also, the Director-General, Lagos State Fire Service, Magret Adeseye, said three fire service station had been deployed in the area to curtail the fire incident, adding that no casualty had been recorded.
“Yes, a fire incident is ongoing. Three of our stations are present at the scene of the fire incident. The fire is still on, but under control, we deployed Agege, Alausa and one other fire stations to the area. The cause of the fire incident is still under investigation, no casualty has been recorded for now.”
- Osun State Government approves N30,000 minimum wage for workers
- 7, 194 police personnel deployed to Akwa Ibom as local government elections hold today
- New CBN report says consumers’ confidence in the economy dropped in Q3
- #EndSARS: Police inaugurate Panel to Assess Damages
- We demand the South East be given the opportunity to produce the president of Nigeria in 2023 – MASSOB
- #EndSARS: Ondo state Governor laments the absence of police officers
- IGP begs officers to return to duty posts after #EndSARS Protest
- Lagos State Government has announced a further relaxation of the curfew imposed
- Members of the Lagos judiciary panel visited a morgue at the military hospital Ikoyi- #EndSARS
- Breaking: Dead bodies discovered in Laminga Dam Jos – #EndSARS protest