Estimated Reading Time: <1
Multiple sources tell NewsWireNGR that theres been an explosion at the Abule Egba area of Lagos State Nigeria.
The Cause of the explosion is unknown but reports say there was pandemonium late Sunday evening when the pipeline said to be owned the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation exploded in the Oke-Ode area of Abule-Egba, Lagos State.
The Abule Egba area is not new to activities of vandals who constantly rupture the pipeline in a bid to steal fuel but we will be updating this story as we get more updates about the cause of the fire and casualty – but properties worth millions of naira are said to have been consumed in the raging fire.
The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Dr. Oluwafemi Okeosanyintolu, who confirmed the incident Punch Newspaper said, “There is a fire incident at Oke-Odo. We are already coordinating.”
Also, the Director-General, Lagos State Fire Service, Magret Adeseye, said three fire service station had been deployed in the area to curtail the fire incident, adding that no casualty had been recorded.
“Yes, a fire incident is ongoing. Three of our stations are present at the scene of the fire incident. The fire is still on, but under control, we deployed Agege, Alausa and one other fire stations to the area. The cause of the fire incident is still under investigation, no casualty has been recorded for now.”
- “Mr. Magu was not immune” – Presidency breaks silence on the detention of former EFCC acting Chairman
- Lamorde advocates special court to ensure accelerated hearing of rape cases
- Fredrick Nwabufo: What happened to the $2.1bn arms probe against Dasuki?
- Three persons have died and nine injured following a building collapse in Lagos
- Domestic flights resumed at the local wing of Port Harcourt
- Nigerian lady advertised for sale on Facebook in Lebanon, on her way home
- “We ride together, we die together, bad marriage for life” -Will Smith and Jada Smith address affair with Singer August
- Osun SSG, Prince Wole Oyebamiji recovers from Coronavirus
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away