Estimated Reading Time: <1
Multiple sources tell NewsWireNGR that theres been an explosion at the Abule Egba area of Lagos State Nigeria.
The Cause of the explosion is unknown but reports say there was pandemonium late Sunday evening when the pipeline said to be owned the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation exploded in the Oke-Ode area of Abule-Egba, Lagos State.
The Abule Egba area is not new to activities of vandals who constantly rupture the pipeline in a bid to steal fuel but we will be updating this story as we get more updates about the cause of the fire and casualty – but properties worth millions of naira are said to have been consumed in the raging fire.
The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Dr. Oluwafemi Okeosanyintolu, who confirmed the incident Punch Newspaper said, “There is a fire incident at Oke-Odo. We are already coordinating.”
Also, the Director-General, Lagos State Fire Service, Magret Adeseye, said three fire service station had been deployed in the area to curtail the fire incident, adding that no casualty had been recorded.
“Yes, a fire incident is ongoing. Three of our stations are present at the scene of the fire incident. The fire is still on, but under control, we deployed Agege, Alausa and one other fire stations to the area. The cause of the fire incident is still under investigation, no casualty has been recorded for now.”
- Sharia court in Kano sentences 60 year old Man to death by stoning for Rape
- Former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, Dies at 90
- How are bandits getting weapons? Buhari queries Service Chiefs
- UNILAG Vice-Chancellor, Ogundipe responds to sack notice. Says it is a ‘figment of the imagination’
- Borno Governor appoints new Chief Of Staff
- Insecurity: Allow responsible citizens carry weapons, Benue Governor tells FG
- Transportation costs might increase as Lagos government introduces new taxes
- Film Censors Board issues 30-day notice on mandatory content registration
- Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, in a new audio condemns Kano death sentence
- After NewsWireNGR Exclusive, Nigerian Govt assures, ‘Air Peace will recall some sacked pilots’