Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor Idris Wada of Kogi State has called on President Muhammed Buhari not to play politics with the issue of bail out fund earmarked for states saying that Kogi is yet to get its portion months after fulfilling the necessary documentation.
The claim was upon statements credited to the APC gubernatorial candidate, Prince Abubakar Audu and his running mate, Abiodun Falake, at a campaign rally where they said they had prevailed on President Buhari to order the stoppage of the release of the bailout funds to Kogi State until after the November 21 governorship election.
Speaking through his Chief Communications Manager, Mr Phrank Shaibu, Wada said the state government will not compromise its rights even in the face of persecution by the APC governorship candidate.
“We (government) called on President Buhari as leader for all, not to be swayed by the antics of this desperate politician who is nothing but the author and finisher of the woes of civil servants in Kogi State.
“What kind of desperation will make a man to callously and viciously wage war against the release of resources meant for the people of his state? The Kogi State Government is of the firm view that the bailout fund is only a loan and not a presidential benevolence.
Wada who called on President Buhari to as a matter of urgency order the release of the said funds so that the state could meet its obligations to its workers, stressed that the eyes of the world are on Nigeria as far as the case is concerned.
“For one, the President has consistently stressed the role of morality in governance and there can be nothing more immoral than the wilful deprivation of the right of our civil servants whose allowances and emoluments have remained unpaid owing to the economic downturn.”
- No better opportunity than now for all Christians to pray – Buhari’s Easter Message to Nigerians
- COVID-19: Health Minister says he is not aware if medical doctors in Nigeria are paid hazard allowance
- I never knew Nigeria’s healthcare infrastructure was in such bad state – Senior Nigerian Govt official says
- Lagos Govt denies relaxing lockdown in the state for Easter celebration
- Bauchi State governor, Senator Bala Mohammed tests negative for Coronavirus
- Lagos commissioner says government will soon commence search for COVID-19 patients in communities
- NCDC confirms 14 new COVID-19 cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: Enahoro, Ali Get Presidential Pardon… 2,600 Inmates Freed
- Pharmacist Arrested For Raping A 12 Year Old Boy
- Court ask Naira Marley to shoot a video against the spread of COVID-19 pandemic – The Singer had said he didn’t believe in the virus