Estimated Reading Time: <1
Femi Gbajabiamila supporters have expressed disappointment over what they described as a lopsided appointments of committee chairmen by the House leadership.
Over the list of committees announced by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, last Thursday, members, who supported the All Progressives Congress, APC, candidate for speakership are not pleased.
The Speaker, Dogara had announced chairmen and deputy chairmen for the 96 standing committees of the House, with members considered to be his loyalists getting some of the ‘juicy’ committees.
But the new spokesman of the House, Abdulrazak Namdas in a statement last Friday, debunked the claims that Dogara’s men got more lucrative committees.
According to some members of the Loyalists Group, who spoke to Vanguard, it was surprising that out of the 96 committees, only nine of them were appointed as chairmen.
- TechHerNG begins the re-launching Africa ‘emphasising tech, prioritising progression’ series
- WHO to resume chloroquine coronavirus clinical trials
- APC generated N135m from sale of forms to 6 Governorship aspirants
- FG approves reimbursement of funds expended by States in fixing Federal roads
- Court reinstates five Kano lawmakers suspended for backing dethroned Emir Sanusi
- Lawmakers to amend Labour Act to strengthen NLC
- INEC must provide face masks for voters in Edo and Ondo – Falana
- Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki arrives APC National Secretariat
- Just In: Gunmen invaded Kaduna community, killing villagers in Kajuru Local Govt
- Toyin Ojora Saraki: Let me be clear, we are failing women and girls