Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has applauded Nigerians for their patience over the delay in the appointments of ministers, saying the list would be released in few days.
National publicity secretary of the party, Alh Lai Mohammed said this while speaking with journalists in Oro, Ifelodun local government area of kwara state on Thursday at his annual 9th Ramadan lecture.
He also admitted that the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari would have performed better had the ministerial appointments been made before now.
Lai Mohammed however explained that the delay was basically caused by the transference ?of government from one political party to the other.
?According to him, “The concern of Nigerians over the delay in the release of ministerial appointments is genuine. But the fact is that this is the first time in the history of Nigeria that the opposition party will take over government from the ruling party.”
“Our plan was to interface and interact with the outgoing government, but it didn’t just work out so party set up transition committee which later presented 800 pages hand over documents to mister president”
“So, in this kind of situation we found ourselves, we have to be thorough in making appointments ?because Nigerians expectations are very high and it’s understandable. So, in a couple of days the ministerial cabinet list would be made available and it would be a thing of the past”
He added “We might be slow, but in reality when we make the right appointments, we will make up for the entire shortcoming Nigerians have been complaining about”.
He also decried the comment of the opposition PDP on the performance rate of President Buhari in 30 days in office saying, “the PDP is just reveling in its new found roles of opposition, they are entertaining themselves and Nigerians”.
- Lockdown: Wike Orders Arrest Of Two Pilots For Violating Border Closure Rules
- AfDB President, Akinwunmi Adesina Denies Allegations Of Misconduct
- Africa Faces Massive Job Cuts In The Energy Sector – AEC
- #COVID19: EU to Help Africa With €15 Billion
- Poor People Are Not Sufficiently Captured By SIP – Senate President
- Keep your Smartphone Corona-Free: Kaspersky Shares Top Tips
- COVID-19: Customs Boss Approves Release Of Rice, Other Items Worth N3.2bn For Distribution
- “I am ready to set aside my immunity” – Governor Wike reveals those making Rivers state Vulnerable to Coronavirus
- Breaking: Nigeria records 16 new cases of Coronavirus, total infections now 254
- Nigerian Doctor Dies From Corona Virus