Estimated Reading Time: <1
Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Jigawa, Alhaji Ado Sani Kiri, yesterday kicked against the proposed cut in the salaries and allowances enjoyed by political office holders in Nigeria.
Kiri who spoke to Daily Trust, said the solution to the financial crisis in the country is blocking all leakages in the economy.
“I want to place it on record that the so-called agitation by civil society and some Nigerians for slashing the allowances and emolument of National Assembly members and other political office holders because of the financial crisis in the country is misplaced.
“The monies and asset owned by some directors and permanent secretaries sitting under air conditioner cannot be compared to anything earned by the politicians. The N20 billion dollars missing oil money and the national pension scam were not done by politicians. So we should focus on the real problem instead of chasing shadows,” he said.
- Laycon wins Big Brother Naija Season 5
- Convoy of Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, was again attacked on Sunday
- Investigation: The Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, eluding detection, start a new life in Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja
- “We are saddened by this dastardly attack” – APC Governors on Babagana Zulum’s Convoy
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo