Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has applauded Nigerians for their patience over the delay in the appointments of ministers, saying the list would be released in few days.
National publicity secretary of the party, Alh Lai Mohammed said this while speaking with journalists in Oro, Ifelodun local government area of kwara state on Thursday at his annual 9th Ramadan lecture.
He also admitted that the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari would have performed better had the ministerial appointments been made before now.
Lai Mohammed however explained that the delay was basically caused by the transference ?of government from one political party to the other.
?According to him, “The concern of Nigerians over the delay in the release of ministerial appointments is genuine. But the fact is that this is the first time in the history of Nigeria that the opposition party will take over government from the ruling party.”
“Our plan was to interface and interact with the outgoing government, but it didn’t just work out so party set up transition committee which later presented 800 pages hand over documents to mister president”
“So, in this kind of situation we found ourselves, we have to be thorough in making appointments ?because Nigerians expectations are very high and it’s understandable. So, in a couple of days the ministerial cabinet list would be made available and it would be a thing of the past”
He added “We might be slow, but in reality when we make the right appointments, we will make up for the entire shortcoming Nigerians have been complaining about”.
He also decried the comment of the opposition PDP on the performance rate of President Buhari in 30 days in office saying, “the PDP is just reveling in its new found roles of opposition, they are entertaining themselves and Nigerians”.
- #EndSARS: Bayelsa Government Inaugurates Judicial Panel Of Inquiry
- Court rejects EFCC’s request for an arrest warrant for Diezani
- Prisoners who escaped from Edo prison rearrested for robbery and attempted murder
- Adamawa State: Police recovers 35 tractors from looted items, arrest over 200 suspects
- Government begins payment of N30,000 grants to 333,000 artisans
- Federal Government approves N2.9 billion for printing of National Examinations’ materials
- Borno Governor approves scholarship for orphans of Civilian JTF killed since 2013
- President Buhari launches 2021 Armed Forces, Remembrance Day emblem and appeal fund
- Returning looted goods may not save you from prosecution -Police say
- Osun Govt begins house-to-house search for stolen items