Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has advised All Progressives Congress (APC) members in the State House of Assembly to stop acting like jesters, saying; “The script being acted by the APC is a failed one because no one, no matter how highly placed will be allowed to test the will of Ekiti people.”
See lettered pictured being circulated by the lawmakers online….
The governor, who described the purported impeachment notice posted online by the APC lawmakers as “joke of the century” said; “The Speaker of the Ekiti State House of Assembly is Hon Dele Olugbemi and not Dr Adewale Omirin.”
In a statement issued on Saturday by the his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, Governor Fayose said; “Omirin is already in court, challenging his impeachment and common sense dictates that when you are challenging an action already taken in court, you have accepted the consequences of such action pending the determination of the suit you filed.”
He said the APC lawmakers should stop advertising their ignorance and crudity in the market place by posting impeachment notice online.
“Since last year November, these so-called lawmakers abdicated their duties and ran to Lagos only for them to resurfaced on Wednesday, but they hurriedly ran away again.
“Now they are posting notice of impeachment signed on March 9, 2015 and Ekiti people are asking; was the motion for impeachment moved and adopted in Lagos or Osun State House of Assembly?
“Is impeachment of a governor done along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway inside a moving bus?
“Rather than going about advertising their ignorance and crudity, the APC lawmakers should wait for the court to adjudicate on the case they filed because even the President-Elect, Major General Mohammadu Buhari (rtd) will respect the rule of law when he assumes office,” the governor said.
- Lockdown: Wike Orders Arrest Of Two Pilots For Violating Border Closure Rules
- AfDB President, Akinwunmi Adesina Denies Allegations Of Misconduct
- Africa Faces Massive Job Cuts In The Energy Sector – AEC
- #COVID19: EU to Help Africa With €15 Billion
- Poor People Are Not Sufficiently Captured By SIP – Senate President
- Keep your Smartphone Corona-Free: Kaspersky Shares Top Tips
- COVID-19: Customs Boss Approves Release Of Rice, Other Items Worth N3.2bn For Distribution
- “I am ready to set aside my immunity” – Governor Wike reveals those making Rivers state Vulnerable to Coronavirus
- Breaking: Nigeria records 16 new cases of Coronavirus, total infections now 254
- Nigerian Doctor Dies From Corona Virus