Estimated Reading Time: <1
The race to get political appointments in the forthcoming Muhammadu Buhari-led All Progressives Congress government has begun.
According to Sarurday PUNCH, It was learnt in Abuja that although consultations for cabinet and National Assembly positions are still on-going, the manoeuvre among Buhari’s loyalists for political appointments has begun.
Top on the list of appointments expected to be made by the President-elect, include but not limited to the National Security Adviser .
Although the APC leaders are currently seeking to consolidate on last week’s victory in the Presidential and National Assembly elections, they are not oblivious of the task ahead.
The position of NSA is usually considered the exclusive preserve of the President and the appointment of a new NSA by the President-elect, himself a retired Army-General, is expected to be swift.
Among those being considered for the positions of NSA are: a former Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Abdurrahman Dambazau (retd) and former Inspector-General of Police, Alhaji Ibrahim Commassie.
The former Army Chief is currently the Director in charge of the Security Directorate of the APC Presidential Campaign Council.
Commassie, on the other hand is currently the Chairman of the northern socio-cultural organisation, the Arewa Consultative Forum.
An APC chieftain, who did not want his name mentioned, said, “Although there are about three people being considered for the post of NSA, Gen. Dambazau, is currently topping the list.
“Commassie, who was Gen. Buhari’s schoolmate and one other retired officer of the SSS whose name I cannot remember now are among those being considered.”
- Laycon wins Big Brother Naija Season 5
- Convoy of Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, was again attacked on Sunday
- Investigation: The Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, eluding detection, start a new life in Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja
- “We are saddened by this dastardly attack” – APC Governors on Babagana Zulum’s Convoy
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo