Estimated Reading Time: <1
Billionaire Business woman, Bola Shagaya has described as untrue, reports that the millionaire was planning a party for Aishat Buhari, the wife of Nigeria’s president-elect, Muhammadu Buhari.
Ms. Shagaya, an ally of the outgoing First Lady, Patience Jonathan, was criticised on social media for allegedly being a turncoat and planning to curry patronage by fraternising with the wife of the president-elect.
A tweet by the UK chapter of the All Progressives Congress about the alleged planned event also helped popularise the message.
“BREAKING] Bola Shagaya to HOST Aisha Buhari to lavish dinner | WE CALL ON OUR INCOMING 1ST LADY TO DECLINE THIS INVITATION. @IamAishaBuhari” @APCUkingdom tweeted at 7:49 p.m. on April 2.
In her denial statement made available to PREMIUM TIMES, Ms. Shagaya’s aide, Deji Adeyanju, accused the London chapter of the APC of mischief. He said Ms. Shagaya remains a close friend of Mrs. Jonathan and will continue to offer her invaluable contribution to the nation and always.
“While we hold Mrs. Buhari in high esteem and commend the victory of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari at the poll, we wish to make it categorically clear for the records that this story is totally untrue & a fabrication. Hajia Bola Shagaya has no such plans or has she ever told anyone of such a plan to host Mrs. Buhari. It is purely mischief aimed at misleading Nigerians and disparaging her good name,” the aide said.
“This rumour making the rounds on cyberspace has no iota of truth whatsoever and Hajia Bola Shagaya wishes to draw the attention of Nigerians to this. Hajia Bola Shagaya remains a very close confidant and friend of our amiable First Lady Dr. Dame Patience Jonathan and will continue to offer her invaluable contribution to the nation and always.”
Ms. Shagaya also commended President Goodluck Jonathan for conceding victory to Mr. Buhari at the polls and described his action as heroic.
“We are also very proud of the heroic act of President Goodluck Jonathan making a great sacrifice to keep the peace of this nation,” her aide said.
- Laycon wins Big Brother Naija Season 5
- Convoy of Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, was again attacked on Sunday
- Investigation: The Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, eluding detection, start a new life in Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja
- “We are saddened by this dastardly attack” – APC Governors on Babagana Zulum’s Convoy
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo