Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Inspector-General of Police, Ag.IGP Suleiman Abba, , CFR, NPOM, NPM, mni Yesterday inaugurated a Technical Audit Committee for the assessment of the Nigeria Police Force Technical Assets.
The ceremony which took place at the Force Headquarters, Abuja, was an affirmation of the pivotal role of Information Communication Technology (ICT) in transforming the Nigeria Police into a world-class crime prevention organization.
The IGP in his address enjoined members of the Committee to work tirelessly as a team to achieve the objectives for which the Committee was set up. The Police boss used the occasion to re-echo his desire to transform the Nigeria Police Force into a leading national, professional and efficient law enforcement organization.
The Committee is mandated to among others:
Audit the current status of technical and technological infrastructure of the NPF;
Help the Nigeria Police Force develop a framework for assessment of its technology requirements;
Help the Nigeria Police Force asses its current human resources capacity and determine the types of technical training that may be required to bring its technical personnel up to speed;
Provide designs that will conform to best practices and world-class standard etc.
- Ag. CP EMMANUEL OJUKWU, psc
- FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
- FORCE HEADQUARTERS,ABUJA.
- More Trouble as Police summon Naira Marley for violating COVID-19 Lockdown
- Nigeria records eight new COVID-19 cases, total now 232
- 36-year-old dies of coronavirus in Lagos
- Police Arrest Funke Akindele Over Lockdown Violation
- FG Will Support Integration & Operations Of Artisanal Refineries To Reduce Crude Oil Theft.
- Oil Prices Close To $40 As OPEC Meeting Is Postponed
- A Special Adviser To Nasarawa Governor Has Been Kidnapped
- Chadian army led by President Idris Déby takes war to Boko Haram, free Nigerian soldiers in captivity
- Nigeria confirms 10 new cases of coronavirus, total now 224
- Tension in Benin as two patients, who earlier tested negative for Coronavirus are now positive