Connect with us

Featured

All Abducted Chibok Girls Are Alive – Boko Haram

Published

on

The Director General of National Orientation Agency (NOA) and Coordinator, National Information Centre (NIC), Mr. Mike Omeri has said that all the kidnapped
Chibok girls are alive. He said that Boko Haram representatives have also assured that all other people in their captivity are alive.
He said the insurgents have
announced a ceasefire in furtherance of their desire for peace.
“In this regard, the government of Nigeria has, in similar vein, declared a ceasefire”
In a statement on Friday, Omeri confirmed discussions between the Federal Government and representatives of Boko Haram, leading to the current ceasefire agreement.
“the discussions are
essentially in relation to the general insecurity in the North East and also the need to rescue all captives of the terrorists, including the students of Government Girls
Secondary School, Chibok”.
He said that from the discussions, the terrorist group indicated their desire for and willingness to discuss and resolve all associated issues.
Nigeria follows the path of Cameroon who last week negotiated for the release of 27 hostages.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *