Who is Simon Ekpa?
Simon Ekpa is a Nigerian separatist, athlete, and lawyer based in Finland.
The Finnish police arrested him in February 2023 as part of an investigation by Finland’s National Bureau of Investigation into a suspected money collection offense.
Here are some things you may not know about Simon Ekpa:
- He became the director of the secessionist radio station, Radio Biafra, after the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu.
- His real name is reportedly Ifeanyi Njoku, according to some critics who believed he’s acting under a false name to incite violence.
- Simon Ekpa graduated from Aberystwyth University, Wales.
- He represented Nigeria at the 2003 African Junior Athletics Championships in Cameroon, where he won a silver medal flying the green and white flag.
- Simon moved to Finland in 2007.
- He was a member of the Finland Military Reserve Force.
- He lived in Lahti, Finland, where he joined the National Coalition Party of Finland and was a candidate in the 2022 Finnish county elections.
- Simon is married to a Finnish woman, and they’re blessed with children.
- Simon was a Member of the Transportation Board at the City of Lahti.
- He also served as a Deputy Lahti Construction and Environmental Board member.
The information in this article was curated from online sources. NewsWireNGR or its editorial team cannot independently verify all details.
Always visit NewsWireNGR for the latest Naija news and updated Naija breaking news.
Send Us A Press Statement/News Tips on 9ja Happenings: [email protected].
Advertise With Us: [email protected]