It is not unusual for people to lose their Automated Teller Machine (ATM) card, especially if they live in densely populated areas like Lagos, Nigeria. Likewise, it can happen to students who are probably rushing o school for lectures or someone in haste at a general market.
There are also instances where people are robbed, and their ATM Cards are stolen.
If any of the above happens to you, don’t fret. There are ways to instantly block your ATM card so it cannot be used to withdraw money from your account.
How to Block your GTBank ATM Card
There are different ways to block your Guarantee Trust Bank (GTB) ATM cards;
Calling customer care
- Call any of the GTBack customer care centres available 24 hours: +234 700 4826 66328, +234 1 448 0000, +234 802 900 2900, +234 803 900 3900 and +234 904 000 2900.
- For Debit Cards call: +234-1-4480027, and Credit Cards:+234-1-4480027.
- For USSD using the SIM card linked to the account USSD dial *737*51*74#.
- You can also dial *737*51*10# from any phone number. You will be required to provide the Account Number, the phone number you used in registering the Account and your USSD (737) PIN. This will lock your account and block the usage of your debit Card (ATM card).
Using GTB internet banking
- Login to your internet banking account.
- Select “Card Hotlist” and follow the subsequent prompts.
Using GTB mobile banking
- Login to the app if you still have access.
- From the menu, select “My Services”.
- Select “Cards and Cheques”.
- Click on “Card Hotlist Request” and block your card by following the subsequent prompts.
Using GTWorld Mobile App
- Log in and swipe left on the menu.
- Tap on ‘Cards’ and then select “Block my Card”.
With an ATM
- Press any key on the ATM to start a cardless transaction.
- After that, select “Cardless Hotlist”.
- Enter the phone number linked to the GTBank account.
- Finally, enter the last four digits of the ATM card you want to block.
You can visit GTBank help centre (https://www.gtbank.com/help-centre) to flag your ATM card.
Through social media
The information in this article was curated from online sources. NewsWireNGR or its editorial team cannot independently verify all details.
Always visit NewsWireNGR for the latest Naija news and updated Naija breaking news.
Send Us A Press Statement/News Tips on 9ja Happenings: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertise With Us: email@example.com