First, to answer the question on your mind, is it possible to open a US bank account online from Nigeria or anywhere? The answer is YES.
Whether for business or any other purpose (of course, not for criminality), you can open a US bank account as a non-resident without setting foot in any bank in the country.
Opening an account with banks like Chase and Wells Fargo or using Wells Fargo online banking, Bank of America online banking, Citibank online, Standard Bank online, Barclays online and Suntrust online banking may be impossible for non-residents, except you visit one of their local branches.
Typically, to open a US bank account, you will need the following documents:
- Valid passport
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- Government-issued ID
- Immigration documents
Some of these banks may mandate you provide your Social Security Number (SSN) in addition to the above documents.
Since you are searching for a method to open a bank account in the US from Nigeria or anywhere, even without a passport or any of the documents listed above, below are the simple tricks.
- Visit Payoneer website.
- Create an account.
- Provide all necessary documents (mainly government-issued ID).
- Wait for about three business days for the account to be approved.
- Use the global payment option to create US bank account.
- Visit Wise website.
- Create an account by filling required details in the provided form online.
- Provide necessary documents (usually government-issued photo ID document like a passport, ID card or driver’s license).
- Use the Wise Multi-Currency feature to get bank details for your US bank account.
The information in this article was curated from online sources. NewsWireNGR or its editorial team cannot independently verify all details.
Always visit NewsWireNGR for the latest Naija news and updated Naija breaking news.
Send Us A Press Statement/News Tips on 9ja Happenings: [email protected].
Advertise With Us: [email protected]