Burna Boy, also known as Oluwa Burna, the self-described “African Giant,” is without a doubt one of the top five biggest and most influential performers in Nigeria as well as in Africa (as of 2022).
Burna boy’s real and full name is Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu. Born on the 2nd of July, 1991 into the family of Mr & Mrs Ogulu, he worked hard and rose to become a great star in Nigeria’s music industry.
Damini’s father is Samuel Ogulu and his mother’s name is Bose Ogulu.
Burna Boy’s place of birth is Port-Harcourt.
His dad was the owner of a welding company while his mum works as a professional translator. His mum became his manager at the start of his music career.
Like other normal children, Damini attended primary and secondary school. As for his tertiary education, he moved to London to achieve that, but he soon dropped out, all thanks to his music career.
The afro-fusion singer isn’t just an artist but he has received several endowments from Nigeria’s big shot. Such as Lager beer, Nigeria Breweries plc, Mortell Cognac and Globacom.
He’s reported to be worth $6.4 billion as of 2022 (although there is no reputable platform to verify this). However, he is considered one of the richest musicians in the country.
The singer’s choice of cars shows he loves flashy and quality things. In his possession, he has an N18m+ ranger rover sport car and a N20m+ million Mercedes-Benz. As well as a 2015 Lexus salon car.
Burna Boy is a well-known musician. Nevertheless, few controversies lurk underneath his talent and fame. Among them are:
1. According to rumour, the singer once dated Miss Uju Stella. And he threatened to kill her if she told the media that she was pregnant by him. In 2020, he was accused of cheating on his popular girlfriend, Stefflon Don with a 23-year-old, Jo Pearl.
2. In 2016, the singer shared photos of himself holding a gun on social media.
3. In 2015, Burna Boy threatened to murder bloggers who wrote false information about him. This occurred shortly after his battle in South Africa with a Zimbabwean dancehall artist.
4. In 2013, NET reported that the African giant assaulted someone during a gang fight. They tried him as a minor in court and sentenced him to prison.
Burna Boy’s Musics and Awards
As at the time of this publication, Burna Boy has won 23 out of the 47 awards he was nominated for. Some of his Awards include:
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards (Best Album of the Year) in 2015 [Won]
- All Africa Music Awards (West African Male Artiste of the Year) in 2019 [Won].
- Grammy Awards (Best World Music Album) in 2020 [Nominated].
- Grammy Awards (Best Global Music Album) in 2021 [Won]
Some of his hit songs include: Dangote, 23, Odogwu, Kilometre, among others.
The information in this article was curated from online sources. All details cannot be independently verified by NewsWireNGR or its editorial team.
Always visit NewsWireNGR for latest naija news and updated naija breaking news.
Send Us A Press Statement/News Tips on 9ja Happenings: [email protected]
Advertise With Us: [email protected]